Privacy & GDPR
Our Privacy & GDPR Policies
Pektron respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) or contact us directly, and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
This policy may be changed from time to time.
“The company” means a company Pektron Group Ltd and its associated and/ or subsidiaries, whose registered trading address is Alfreton Road, Derby, DE21 4AP and are referred to in this document as “the company”, “us” or “we”.
“Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable person.
2. HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Personal data is collected using the following methods:
- When you contact us via our web enquiry form.
- Through direct interactions in person, by post, email telephone or otherwise.
- By making a job application to us.
The main personal data we collect is:
- Individual forename and surname details;
- Company name;
- Company or personal e-mail address;
- Company or personal telephone numbers (including mobile phone number);
- Transactional data including payment and banking details for products and services you have purchased from us or we from you;
- Detail of your employment history as provided in a cv or application letter or e-mail;
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA.
We use your personal data when the law allows us to for legitimate business reasons:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- To process your job application;
- To respond to an enquiry or complaint;
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation;
Pektron does not use automated decision making in regards to personal data.
4. TO WHOM WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION.
We will pass personal data amongst our employees to fulfil our contract, respond to an enquiry, deal with a complaint or as part of the recruitment process.
Except for the reasons below, we will not intentionally disclose the Personal Data that we collect or store to third parties without your consent.
We will not pass your personal data onto third parties for marketing purposes.
We may disclose Personal Data or other information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws,
in response to a court order, judicial or other government warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
5. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate internal security procedures to protect the disclosure of your personal data. Any breaches in our security will be resolved as soon as practicable.
Further information of the procedures in place is available upon request.
6. PERSONAL DATA AND INDIVIDUAL’S RIGHTS
GDPR gives individuals whose personal data is held by us specific rights to access and rectify personal data held about them.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- Access and obtain a copy of your data on request
- Require the organisation to change incorrect or incomplete data
- Require the organisation to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing
- Object to the processing of your data where Pektron Group Ltd is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing
If you to exercise any of these rights please contact the Data Controller at:
- Pektron Group Ltd, Alfreton Road, Derby, DE21 4AP. Tel +44 (0)1332 832424.
7. DATA RETENTION
We only retain the Personal Data collected for as long as we need it to fulfil the purposes for which we have initially collected it, or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, as follows:
- accounts information is retained for a period of 6 years in accordance with the taxation laws;
- personal data not relating to a contract, for example an enquiry from our web site, will be deleted within three months of the close of the enquiry;
- personal data relating to a contract is retained for a period of 6 years after the completion of that contract;
- personal data relating to our employees and passed employees is retained for 40 years to protect us from any future claims;