IT Support Technician
Permanent | 39 Hrs /Week
We have an opportunity for an IT Support Technician with a background in installation, configuration and maintenance of PC’s, Printers and day to day IT support.
What we do:
Our customers are globally recognised brands and leaders in their field across multiple market segments. We design and manufacture the electronic and software solutions which power their success. Whether it be black box electronic controllers used in construction and agricultural vehicles or high-end instrument displays used in prestige vehicles, we create the electronic products to meet our customers’ needs.
You must have hands on experience in troubleshooting of core operating system and office application suites. Working within a small team you will have a positive and flexible attitude with the ability to take ownership of issues and troubleshoot methodically. You will have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Methodical and analytical with good documentation skills
- Highly Motivated
- Flexible approach when working to deadlines
- Undertake training and development, where necessary, to maintain awareness of new and
- Resident and eligible for work in the UK
- Provide 1st, 2nd and some level 3 support both on-site and remote support to our US office
- Network Management, housekeeping and troubleshooting
- PC Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Helping support Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Creating new user/email accounts through Active Directory, Azure and Exchange Online (M365)
- Software Installation/ troubleshooting
- Mitel VOIP Support
- Firewall Configurations
- Occasional Out-Of-Hours
Skills and experience required:
- Install, Configure and troubleshoot problems with Windows 7/ 10 operating systems and Microsoft Office
- Experience with desktop and laptop computer hardware, ability to troubleshoot hardware issues e.g., laptops, printers
- Networking knowledge TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLANs, VOIP and Firewalls
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2008 R2/2012 R2/ 2016
- Familiar with Backup Exec, Veeam
- Setup and maintain users with Active Directory
- Corporate Anti-Virus Systems and Windows patching through WSUS
- Although not essential, but would be beneficial, is the experience of working with Microsoft Dynamics AX.
What’s on offer:
Competitive salary, yearly pay review, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension, free parking, BUPA healthcare, life Insurance, a 39-hour working week with flexible start and finish times (core hours 10-4).
We are based in Alfreton Road in Derby, easily commutable from the Derby area, Nottingham, Mansfield, Burton, Loughborough, Ashbourne and the Peak District and East Staffordshire.
We have 5 modern, purpose built buildings at our Derby site including state of the art manufacturing facilities and are in the process of building a purpose built Engineering centre to house our Engineering team. Our facilities have been recognised as being one of the most modern and well equipped electronics design, development and manufacturing plants in Europe.
Pektron are one of the largest privately owned electronics manufacturers in the world with over 50 years’ experience delivering bespoke electronics hardware and software solutions to blue-chip companies globally. We are innovators in our field and invest in the best people, processes and equipment to drive technological development and meet our customer’s needs.
At our HQ in Derby we employ 350 staff and operate Engineering, Manufacturing, Design, Testing, Quality and Support functions, whilst our Sales and Technology centre in Detroit supports our customers in the US.
Our group of companies also includes Bee Lighting Ltd who were founded in 2006 and have developed into a leading supplier of design services to the Automotive Lighting Industry. Bee design & manufacture bespoke lighting solutions for some of the most prestigious OEM’s from around the World, taking concepts from initial sketches through to full production designs. Their stylish lighting creations can be found on some of the world’s leading automotive brands.
Based in Redditch Bee employ 50 people, including highly skilled and imaginative Lighting specialists, Electronics Engineers, Design Engineers and Manufacturing staff plus administrative support functions.
To find out more about this vacancy, please call 01332 832424 or email your CV directly using the form below.