In addition to our extensive electronics manufacturing facility we also have a £1m state of the art injection moulding facility.
The ability to manufacture the plastic mouldings that house our electronics helps us to reduce lead times and control the end-to-end delivery of our product, ensuring complete control over the quality of the product being supplied to our customers.
The facility, built in 2016, has 9 injection moulding machines that produce the plastic mouldings that house leading edge electronics that are exported around the world to global brands in the e-vehicle, off-highway and automotive sectors, to name but a few. We have extensive experience with the design and production of automotive mouldings, ranging from aesthetically demanding keyfobs and instrument cluster housings to ultra-robust IP69 sealed enclosures for commercial and off highway vehicles.
Our 550m2 facility is a showcase of the very latest in machine and factory technology and includes:
- Engel ECO-drive machines which use 60% less energy than normal
- Integrated Engel robots on all machines
- Fully automated Summit material handling system
- Free cooling water system which uses up to 90% less energy than a conventional chiller
- Low energy rotary wheel desiccant dryers
- 30kW of Solar energy to reduce the carbon footprint
- LED lighting on demand to minimise energy consumption