Production is now underway in Pektron’s new £1m injection moulding installation. The 550m2 state of the art facility is a showcase of the very latest in machine and factory technology including:
• Engel ECO-drive machines which use 60% less energy than normal
• Integrated Engel robots on all machines
• Fully automated Summit material handling system
• Free cooling water system which uses up to 90% less energy than a conventional chiller
• Low energy rotary wheel desiccant dryers
• 30kW of Solar energy to reduce the carbon footprint
• LED lighting on demand to minimise energy consumption
Ian Harpham, Manufacturing Director announced:
“We are delighted to have this new facility at Pektron. We continually invest in our manufacturing facilities to ensure we maintain our reputation as a reliable, high quality electronics manufacturer. We’ve installed a production facility which is completely efficient in terms of layout, technology and energy – all of which will ensure we operate with maximum efficiency and deliver the highest quality.”
The new facility houses 5 injection moulding machines that produce the plastic mouldings that house their leading edge electronics that are exported around the world to global brands in the e-vehicle, off-highway and automotive sectors, to name but a few.
Giles Sutcliffe, Injection Moulding Manager said:
“The ability to manufacture the plastic mouldings that house our electronics helps us to reduce lead times and control the end-to-end delivery of our product ensuring complete control over the quality of the product being supplied to our customers ”.
The state of the art handling systems and automated integration can be seen below:
14th March 2016
Posted in: General News